HALKA Project Equality Policy
HALKA PROJECT team is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating discrimination.
The aim of equality policy is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and project team and beneficiaries to feel respected and be able to give their best.
HALKA project team (project coordinator, project assistant, training and cooperative coordinator, monitoring and evaluation expert, business development consultant, cleaning sector consultant, academic consultant, academic consultants) and service provider’s members are also committed against unlawful discrimination.
The policy’s purpose is to:
- Provide equality, fairness, and respect for everybody who is a part of the project; project team members, project beneficiaries, project volunteers.
- Oppose and avoid all forms of unlawful discrimination; treatment less favorably to another person or group because of their race, color, national or ethnic origin; sex, pregnancy or marital status; age; disability; religion; sexual preference; trade union activity; or some other characteristic specified under anti-discrimination or human rights legislation.
The organization commits to:
- Encourage equality and diversity in the workplace
- Create an environment free of bullying, mobbing, harassment, victimization, and unlawful discrimination, promoting dignity and respect for all, and where individual differences and the contributions of all staff are recognized and valued.
- Take seriously complaints of bullying, harassment, victimization and unlawful discrimination by fellow project team members, project beneficiaries, project volunteers and service provider’ members, visitors, public and any others in the course of the organization’s project activities.
In addition to the principles of equality, any type of sexual and gender-based violence is never acceptable under the project. The declaration of the person is predicated on, and access to legal and psychosocial support mechanisms are provided upon request.
To prevent any kind of harassment and any kind of behavior against equality and diversity, HALKA Project core team (project coordinator, project assistant, training and cooperative coordinator, monitoring and evaluation expert) will be responsible for;
- Provide training for everybody who will be taking part within the project – regardless of their position, and encourage people to develop their full potential and raise awareness on relevant topics to maximize the efficiency of the HALKA Project Equality Policy.
- Monitor practices and procedures when necessary to ensure fairness.Monitoring will include assessing the equality policy and ensuring the policy to put in practice, and taking action to address any noncompliance.
The complaint process;
In case of acts will be dealt with as misconduct under the organization’s grievance and/or disciplinary procedures, and any appropriate action will be taken. Particularly serious complaints could amount to gross misconduct and lead to exclusion, without notice.
When a person faces any behavior against the equality policy, the person immediately should get in touch with the project team either verbal or written. Besides that, a person can anonymously leave a letter in a suggestion box that can be found in the project office and training room. After receiving a complaint, the project team has five working days to investigate the situation and conduct the necessary process.